The Jewel Tower was built circa 1365 to house the personal treasures of Edward III and is one of only two surviving structures of the medieval Palace of Westminster.
The tower originally formed the south western corner of the perimeter fortifications and remains virtually unaltered today. The original moat which surrounded the palace is still visible, although it has long since been drained.
Today, the tower's three floors house a museum detailing the history of Parliament, past and present together with explanations of the goverment procedures that take place there.
1 April until 31 October from 10am until 5pm daily
1 November until 31 March from 10am until 4pm daily
Old Palace Yard
+44 (0)20 7222 2219
The Jewel Tower can be found opposite the Southern end of the Houses of Parliament.
Nearest Tube / Rail Station
3, 11, 12, 24, 53, 77A, 88, 109, 159, 184, 511
No wheelchair access.