Livesey Museum for Children

The Livesey Museum for Children was built by George Livesey in 1890 as a public library for the people of Camberwell. Despite being badly damaged during the Blitz, the building remained as a lending library until 1966.

In 1974 Sir John Betjeman converted the building into an children's museum which today houses interactive hands-on exhibitions and educational workshops aimed specifically at children under 12 years of age.

Opening Hours
Admission is free.

Livesey Museum for Children
682 Old Kent Road

Location Map

+44 (0)20 7639 5604

Nearest Tube / Rail Station

Bus Routes
21, 53, 172, 453

Limited access for wheelchairs. Visitors with impaired mobility should call in advance to have some exhibits moved to the ground floor for viewing.